Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I got my wife a new iPhone 6 from AT&T today as a upgrade and was surprised it came wit 8.1.2 installed.

I'm going to go by the G bar and see what's on the replacement they offer me. If it's 8.1.2 I'll go through the hassle.

I had 3 upgrades ready and ended up getting a 6 plus yesterday and it came with 8.1.2 which I was stoked about:). Also sold my 6 for $500…

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I had 3 upgrades ready and ended up getting a 6 plus yesterday and it came with 8.1.2 which I was stoked about:). Also sold my 6 for $500…

My 6+ got delivered today and it too came with 8.1.2.

I had to downgrade iTunes to jailbreak my phone and that was difficult. I couldn't get the JB to run on my Mac and so I finally went to my Surface Pro 3 where I had to downgrade iTunes. Windows wouldn't let me install the older version so I ended up restoring my computer which was fast to do and I got it restored and my phone is Jailbroken.

I wasn't going to give up my JB just because Windows was being difficult.

I was going to head to BestBuy to get a case but we're getting near blizzard conditions here in Colorado. A case will have to wait a day or two.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Got my iPhone switched out under warranty for being bent. Made the GB person verify 8.1.2 on replacement phone before I let her do the swap.

Restored and re-JBed. Happy camper.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
I just picked up a 128 Gb 6 Plus and was worried it would have 8.1.3 already installed but it came with 8.1.2 so I was happy!

Mostly I could get by without Jailbreak now, except for a few things that drive me nuts.

1) Ability to hide icons of apps I dont use (or dont use very often) like the Stocks app, Tips, Mail app (I use GMail), Safari (I use Chrome) etc. I hate having to put them on a page 3 or 4 of folders etc to try and hide them all.

2) Renaming app icons. Some Devs don't know how to name their app so some apps have names too long to display and end up truncated with ... after the name. Annoying! I use Icon renamer to fix the names to something much shorter!

3) I size the icons smaller. They always look too big to me stock. I usually resize to about 90%

Really if Apple included these abilities I would no longer need to JB. But the ability to hide icons on the home screen has been available in other OS's for a very long time and Apple has never decided to include it, so I think they dont want us to be able to hide them. They should make apps like stocks and tips etc able to be deleted (and able to be re-downloaded if needed from app store) that would be much better! Allowing us to remove them and gain space... not that I need it now with 128 Gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.