Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Since the install of iOS 8.3 on my 6+ and Mini2 I have noticed a significant increase in the number and frequency of entries in the Diagnostic & Usage file. Neither is jailbroken or otherwise modified.

For my 6+ (AT&T 64gb) I am seeing daily or more of the following:
  • Stacks+MobileCal
  • Stacks
  • Splashboard
  • JetsamEvent
  • CoreTime

For my Mini Retina 2 (LTE AT&T 32gb):
  • CoreTime
  • ExcResource_com.apple.WebKit.WebContent
  • JetsamEvent

There are an increased number of other sporadic entries.

Local Apple Store was no help ("backup and restore .....") :rolleyes:

Anyone have a clue on this issue? I know it is not device specific as my wife's iPad4 is having similar entries. This is getting old and likely tied into why I see app freezes and app crashes/reloads far too often on my iDevices.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Jetsam is low memory, when you open an app or are using an app and your device cannot free up enough memory it crashes and leaves a jetsam entry.

As for the other ones I don't really have a clue, I have a core time entry every single day without fail.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
iOS sloppiness. My old iPod 4 on iOS 6, choked by 256MB of RAM, has hardly ANY logs compared to my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6, and it has not been synced to iTunes to get rid of the logs in a huge amount of time. Hopefully iOS 9 fixes this, because it is kind of alarming to see that there are so many under the hood issues going on all the time... Wouldn't it save battery life as well if the device wasn't constantly writing these long logs in the background or is it really a miniscule process? Just curious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.