Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhirelhy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2016
I have iPhone6, ios v8.3 and want to jailbreak for some Cydia tweaks. Tried TAIG for 8.3 on windows 7 64bit and it said I had to upgrade to newer TAIG and upgrade my ios to v8.4, but that is no longer signed Ipsw. Is there a TAIG executable out there that can still jailbreak ios v8.3 or do I need to upgrade to 9.2.1 and downgrade to 9.2 and hope and wait for 9.2 jailbreak? Willing to PM some bitcoin to someone that can assist with successfully getting this to work with v8.3.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
I have iPhone6, ios v8.3 and want to jailbreak for some Cydia tweaks. Tried TAIG for 8.3 on windows 7 64bit and it said I had to upgrade to newer TAIG and upgrade my ios to v8.4, but that is no longer signed Ipsw. Is there a TAIG executable out there that can still jailbreak ios v8.3 or do I need to upgrade to 9.2.1 and downgrade to 9.2 and hope and wait for 9.2 jailbreak? Willing to PM some bitcoin to someone that can assist with successfully getting this to work with v8.3.
Did you use the Taig v2.4.5 from http://www.taig.com/en/

jhirelhy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2016

I don't think I got it from there directly and got it from some other site. But when I ran it, it said I had to have IOS v8.4. Since that's no longer signed IPSW file, I got stopped there. Am I missing something because I can't find an executable download link on the TAIG site. Is TAIG v2.4.5 known to jailbreak IOS v8.3? Perhaps the version of TAIG I obtained wasn't legit?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
I don't think I got it from there directly and got it from some other site. But when I ran it, it said I had to have IOS v8.4. Since that's no longer signed IPSW file, I got stopped there. Am I missing something because I can't find an executable download link on the TAIG site. Is TAIG v2.4.5 known to jailbreak IOS v8.3? Perhaps the version of TAIG I obtained wasn't legit?
Just dl from http://www.taig.com/en/#download-table and try again.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA

Both of the last two jailbreaks I've had to restore from new, jailbreak, then restore my data. There was absolutely no way around it the last two jailbreaks on any of my 3 devices. Obviously now with them having stopped signing a jailbreakable iOS that's not possible. You may be in the same boat, which means no jailbreak for you if so.

jhirelhy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2016

Thank you for your comment! I'll have to give that a another try then. I have seen where many people say to try things like putting phone in airplane mode, which I didn't do, I just did the steps from the directions so perhaps I'll have to try that too.
[doublepost=1454344123][/doublepost]
Both of the last two jailbreaks I've had to restore from new, jailbreak, then restore my data. There was absolutely no way around it the last two jailbreaks on any of my 3 devices. Obviously now with them having stopped signing a jailbreakable iOS that's not possible. You may be in the same boat, which means no jailbreak for you if so.

Thank you. I hope trying again with TAIG 2.4.5 from the site will help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.