Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braunsch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I just upgraded my iPhone to 8.4 - exploring the Music app now.

All my own playlists are gone. Nothing left except for "Recently added". Does anyone have the same problem?
How do I get my playlists back?

(I did not activate the iTunes Music subscription, and I don't have iTunes Match)

Also: How do I create a Genius playlist with the new version of "Music"?

JuryDuty

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Texas
Something's wrong with playlists. After I created one, it won't let me save any songs to it. It looks like they save, but they immediately vanish.

And why can I "heart" songs on some screens but not on others???

This thing is a bit of a mess....

Southshore

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2009
Boston, MA, New York, NY
I just upgraded my iPhone to 8.4 - exploring the Music app now.

All my own playlists are gone. Nothing left except for "Recently added". Does anyone have the same problem?
How do I get my playlists back?

(I did not activate the iTunes Music subscription, and I don't have iTunes Match)

Also: How do I create a Genius playlist with the new version of "Music"?

Playlists are gone after the upgrade and Subscription. I suspect you will have to sync with iTunes again to get them back. Al of my songs are there - just no playlists.

braunsch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Ok - thanks for the hints.

Playlists re-appear after syncing to iTunes. Thank god. Including the genius-generated lists I had.

Genius: Yes, it is in the list of "more" functions - but not on the "now playing" song, not on the full-screen "now playing" display - but only on the list of songs (as part of an album, above "now playing" in the list display). Not ideal - but manageable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.