Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2020
So I've had my Pro Max for about a month and been loving it, my old 8+ was dying more and more frequently and it was well overdue for an upgrade. I was able to get the hang of the new swiping gestures easier than I thought, it took me awhile to stop double tapping the bottom of the screen lol. Face ID is a lot handier than I expected it to be, sometimes it can be finicky at certain angles or on occasion doesn't recognize me without my glasses but for the most part I'm getting better figuring it out. It's a little annoying when making in app purchases, sometimes I have to manually type in my password after double clicking the power button. Not sure if it's a setting or something but aside from that its been an incredible upgrade. I love the purple especially!

I was wondering to get some advice from people who have been using the Pros for a long time, any settings or featured you recommend me using or experimenting? I'm trying to learn more about my phone for both customization but also understanding it more so I can help out my Mom since she can struggle figuring out this type of tech a lot of the time. She got a regular 12 just a few months before the 13 lineup was announced, and might get a 14/Pro for her self, and there's a lot of new features and differences with these phones I'm hoping to learn more about.

On the casual side of things, what are some ways you'd recommend customizing the screen layout with apps? I've kept all my stuff basically the same since my 8+, figured to finally do something new and re-arrange everything. I also see people talk about widgets, what exactly are they good for and any recommendations? Looking to get a bit more organized and creative with my home screen layouts!

Reactions: happy orchard
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.