Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unique Visuals

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
In the woods
Battery has been reporting the charge status wrong and dies overnight. This morning it won't take a charge, The Apple logo pops in screen for a few seconds and then goes dark. It just keeps repeating this for over an hour and won't restart.

Unique Visuals

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
In the woods
After 2+ hours at the Apple store they couldn't get it to power up and said it must be the motherboard or something. I ended up having to buy an iPhone 12. I was wanting to wait for iPhones13 but.. So did my phone just have a normal malfunction even tho it was good on ios13 or did 14.4 kill my phone?

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
No issues prior? That's certainly strange, but it just may be a coincidence. There are many people running the latest version on an 8 or 8+ without any issues.

Just curious if they did anything for you on the price of the new one. I had a similar issue years ago with an iPad that was a few years old and they gave me a couple of bucks off the new one, which they did not have to, it was a nice gesture. I appreciated it.

Reactions: Unique Visuals

Unique Visuals

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
In the woods
No issues before updated to 14.4 from 13.xx. A couple weeks ago and have been fighting the battery staying at 100% and then dying over 6 hours at night to nothing. Turning everything off only helped a tiny bit. New cable and power adapters didn't change it.
They offered me another 8+ for $399. I don't know if thats is any price break. I couldn't see spending money on older stuff so even tho I wanted to wait I had no choice but to go with the iPhone 12

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
After updating my wife's Xs Max, she started having extremely poor battery life. Off the charger at 7-7:30 and almost dead by 10:30-11, the battery health was either 92 or 93%. Honestly I can't say what it could have been, I really didn't t/s it, upgraded her to a 12 PM, made her happy.

I wouldn't have done the 8+ either, you're smart. That's a little steep for that phone, nothing wrong with it, just not at that price. I think you'll like the 12, it's a solid iPhone. Just takes a little time to adjust to not having a home button.

Reactions: Unique Visuals
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.