Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
8GB for a "Pro" system with a GPU and CPU that share the same RAM pool is a joke. I don't care how fast your SSD is. I don't get the psychology behind those who don't see the value in pushing people and companies they support to be better than they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kal Madda

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2022
8GB for a "Pro" system with a GPU and CPU that share the same RAM pool is a joke. I don't care how fast your SSD is. I don't get the psychology behind those who don't see the value in pushing people and companies they support to be better than they are.
The 8GB M1 configuration performs beautifully for me. I use mine for professional graphic design work, 3D modeling/sculpting, video editing, playing some emulated Windows games, etc. And my Mac has never slowed down, never crashed, and I’ve never seen the beach-ball. It outperforms several 16GB Intel systems I’ve used.

Kal Madda

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2022
I'm not sure what kinda 3D modeling you're doing as Cycles makes my M1 Pro MBP melt. I live in swap.
I am doing high quality models for 3D printing. I do most of my sculpting work in Nomad Sculpt, and then import it into Blender to make some adjustments. I have tried Blender for sculpting as well, and it’s run nicely. And I’ve used Blender for the modeling aspect of projects as well. And it’s yet to bog down my Mac, it runs snappy, even when I’m working with more complex projects with pretty high resolutions. And I don’t think most people expect to use a base-spec of anything for 3D modeling/sculpting work. I just happen to have tried it, and it works perfectly fine for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.