Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhkdarkevil

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
Việt Nam
I bought an iphone 8plus this day, last month, just right before Luna NY in my country, big gift for myself, this cost more than 1000$ here. I have my exps as ipad user before, my Air 1 still working totally fine after years so i decided to switch to iPhone from my SS Note 5 . And then, i must say, all of my hope turn out as disappointed.

8plus is a beautiful phone, i can't deny. But my own have ALOT of basic-ridiculous troubles/problems thats shouldn't happens on an 1000$ phone. i will list down some here, i'm current on the newest ios, 11.2.6

1. The biggest disappointed. is the cracking / noises/ static or whatever it called. Its happening every f--king where and honestly, its destroy my mood everyday. i mean, like, you turn on the music. Its CRACK. you turn on youtube. Its CRACK. And just happen last minutes. Its now cracking during phone calls. On ios 11.2.6. Yuck.

2. The big gap bettween aluminum frame and front / back glass. i mean, my own totally not right in the center. they were deviates to right side, i just put a money between the gap, and its in.

3. IOS 11 is a hot mess. and still a hot mess. Siri force stop my phone sometime. " She " not even listen to me, just turn the screen to black for 2-3sec and turn on with lagging.

Anw, i don't know what to do with my first iphone now. Re-sell it or whatever. I still hope with ios 12 those problems above will be fixed like Apple said " Software problems ". Because its not, man, my tough luck.

And sorry if my terrible English make you feel uncomfortable.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
#1 is legit. I’ve been more than vocal about it.

#2 if truly a gap ask for a replacement.

#3 iOS 11 has been rough but overall it’s been a stable OS with less issues than competitors IMO.

On the speaker clipping issue, I would push for a replacement and see what happens. Is this what you are referring to?

nhkdarkevil

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
Việt Nam

#3 iOS 11 has been rough but overall it’s been a stable OS with less issues than competitors IMO.

On the speaker clipping issue, I would push for a replacement and see what happens. Is this what you are referring to?
[/QUOTEYes

yes. Thats sound. Even when i pick up the call, or cancel the call, or just edit the volume bar in the setting then hit home buttom, open youtube, sometimes music... I just hate it so much. I dont really know about the gap, is it legit to ask for replacement?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Launch Day 8Plus here.

No speaker crackling, no matter how high or low the volume. No gaps either. Lastly, never had the problem with Siri as you are describing. I have minor annoyances with iOS 11, but it is still fully functional.

If you noticed the gap or speaker issue within the first 14 days, you should have said something then. It would have been much easier to get a replacement. But the issues you describe seem to be mainly hardware related issues. A new phone should solve the problems.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Launch Day 8Plus here.

No speaker crackling, no matter how high or low the volume. No gaps either. Lastly, never had the problem with Siri as you are describing. I have minor annoyances with iOS 11, but it is still fully functional.

If you noticed the gap or speaker issue within the first 14 days, you should have said something then. It would have been much easier to get a replacement. But the issues you describe seem to be mainly hardware related issues. A new phone should solve the problems.

I also have a pre-ordered (first time ever) iPhone 8+. No crackling for me either. Siri hasn't ever lagged for me but I usually have it off anyway because I never use it.

iOS 11 was horrid on my 6s+ when it first came out - slow as all get out. Eventually it got faster with subsequent releases. I hear iOS 12 will focus on performance - yay.

Like Mlrollin91 said - Apple is usually really good at replacing hardware defective iPhones.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

nhkdarkevil

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
Việt Nam
Launch Day 8Plus here.

I did said something in the 1st week i bought it. To the retail store where i bought it. They sais " every pieces in the store have the same problem " what could i do ? I live in Vietnam, We dont have Apple Store here, replacement is not easy thing. Lucky you if you dont have any probs.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I’m jealous of the non-crackling (speaker clipping) iPhones. All five I have had suffered.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I did said something in the 1st week i bought it. To the retail store where i bought it. They sais " every pieces in the store have the same problem " what could i do ? I live in Vietnam, We dont have Apple Store here, replacement is not easy thing. Lucky you if you dont have any probs.
You'll need to call AppleCare.

GomerBoy

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
I’m jealous of the non-crackling (speaker clipping) iPhones. All five I have had suffered.
Right? This is frustrating...it’d be the most perfect iPhone if the speaker crackling was not there ugh!

Reactions: PBz

M-A-R-V

Suspended
Mar 2, 2018
I also have a pre-ordered (first time ever) iPhone 8+. No crackling for me either. Siri hasn't ever lagged for me but I usually have it off anyway because I never use it.

iOS 11 was horrid on my 6s+ when it first came out - slow as all get out. Eventually it got faster with subsequent releases. I hear iOS 12 will focus on performance - yay.

Like Mlrollin91 said - Apple is usually really good at replacing hardware defective iPhones.
Will you upgrade this fall ? And which model?

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I bought an iphone 8plus this day, last month, just right before Luna NY in my country, big gift for myself, this cost more than 1000$ here. I have my exps as ipad user before, my Air 1 still working totally fine after years so i decided to switch to iPhone from my SS Note 5 . And then, i must say, all of my hope turn out as disappointed.

8plus is a beautiful phone, i can't deny. But my own have ALOT of basic-ridiculous troubles/problems thats shouldn't happens on an 1000$ phone. i will list down some here, i'm current on the newest ios, 11.2.6

1. The biggest disappointed. is the cracking / noises/ static or whatever it called. Its happening every f--king where and honestly, its destroy my mood everyday. i mean, like, you turn on the music. Its CRACK. you turn on youtube. Its CRACK. And just happen last minutes. Its now cracking during phone calls. On ios 11.2.6. Yuck.

2. The big gap bettween aluminum frame and front / back glass. i mean, my own totally not right in the center. they were deviates to right side, i just put a money between the gap, and its in.

3. IOS 11 is a hot mess. and still a hot mess. Siri force stop my phone sometime. " She " not even listen to me, just turn the screen to black for 2-3sec and turn on with lagging.

Anw, i don't know what to do with my first iphone now. Re-sell it or whatever. I still hope with ios 12 those problems above will be fixed like Apple said " Software problems ". Because its not, man, my tough luck.

And sorry if my terrible English make you feel uncomfortable.
I heard that iOS 11.3 was a lot better. Might jump over to the beta program and try that out.

nhkdarkevil

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
Việt Nam
I heard that iOS 11.3 was a lot better. Might jump over to the beta program and try that out.

Honestly i want to keep this phone so i'll bring it again to Apple Center this week and wait for what they will say.
[doublepost=1520222192][/doublepost]
did you try 11.3 ?

Reactions: Brandonjr36

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Honestly i want to keep this phone so i'll bring it again to Apple Center this week and wait for what they will say.
[doublepost=1520222192][/doublepost]
did you try 11.3 ?
Yes. I’ve tried them all. 11.3 beta has been nice though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.