Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Just updated my 6S+ to 9.2.1 yesterday. All looked good but have run into an annoying wifi issue.
When I awake the phone from sleep, it stays locked onto LTE.
If I go into settings > wifi it shows wifi is on and linked to either my 2.4 or 5 ghz signal. I either have to turn wifi off/on or select the alternate wifi signal for it to reconnect.
Rebooted, hard rebooted, and CP don't help.
Don't want to restore or setup as new - work phone.

Any thoughts or ideas? Something I am missing?
Thx in adance.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
My 6S is doing the exact same thing. I have been able to reproduce the problem on several different wifi networks. Like yours, my phone didn't start doing this until after the 9.2.1 update. My iPad Air 2 cellular is NOT exhibiting the same behavior, but is working just as it should.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't know how painful it would be for you to have to re-add all your wifi passwords again, but you could try doing a Reset Network Settings.

I've never had that issue so my suggestion is just a guess at a possible solution.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
My 6S is doing the exact same thing. I have been able to reproduce the problem on several different wifi networks. Like yours, my phone didn't start doing this until after the 9.2.1 update. My iPad Air 2 cellular is NOT exhibiting the same behavior, but is working just as it should.

I have an LTE Mini 4 that is on 9.2.1 and is working just fine.
Frustrating :confused:

I don't know how painful it would be for you to have to re-add all your wifi passwords again, but you could try doing a Reset Network Settings.
I've never had that issue so my suggestion is just a guess at a possible solution.

I'll give it a shot and let you know. Reset network settings and redoing the passwords is easy enough.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I'll give it a shot and let you know. Reset network settings and redoing the passwords is easy enough.

This would be a pain for me. Let me know if it works. I really don't want to have to worry about getting all those passwords again though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.