Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wargamer6

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone else upgraded to 9.2 and lost their "home"? Mine disappeared and I can't seem to find it on my phone. I signed in and out of iCloud, but that didn't restore it. When I try and access Siri voice control on the Hue app, I get a "please try again error 32" message.

I also lost my smart switches as well.

wargamer6

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Weird update: I'm creating new homes, but they don't show up in Settings > Homekit, but when I try and duplicate the name, it says it already exists.

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007
Has anyone else upgraded to 9.2 and lost their "home"? Mine disappeared and I can't seem to find it on my phone. I signed in and out of iCloud, but that didn't restore it. When I try and access Siri voice control on the Hue app, I get a "please try again error 32" message.

I also lost my smart switches as well.

Thank goodness I didn't. Out of curiosity, do you have iCloud Keychain enabled and "Approve with Security Code" enabled? if you did not have both enabled, then your HomeKit configuration existed solely on your device and not in the Cloud...

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Weird update: I'm creating new homes, but they don't show up in Settings > Homekit, but when I try and duplicate the name, it says it already exists.
I'm on 9.2 and I'm not having issues. I did have issues before on iOS 9.0 before 9.1 I was inviting another user but it wouldn't show up in their device until 24hrs had passed. And even when they did accept the invite, the notification in the settings app wouldn't go away.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I'm seeing a huge improvement in Siri executing HomeKit commands.

Previously, I could get Siri to execute one command every few hours. So I'd say something "hey Siri, turn on the downstairs lights" and that would work. If I then followed that with something like "hey Siri, set the downstairs lights to 10%", I'd always get a negative response - something like "I can't see any lights connected" or "I can't do that right now". Every subsequent command would be a waste of breath.

Now, with 9.2, Siri executes every command diligently. This is finally usable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.