Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
England
Left my Air running the 9.3 to 9.3.1 update last night while plugged in to a charger. Upon return this morning - nothing, dead, and i means completely dead, no screen, no low battery, no graphic to plug into iTunes nothing. none of the reset combinations worked.

I've connected it to iTunes and I'm getting iPad in recovery mode as a status.
Downloaded the iOS full image, run the upgrade and now I'm getting an apple logo on screen, but error 4005 in iTunes that the iPad could not be restored.

Anyone else had this issue?

stusgt67

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2015
United Kingdom
You'll need to put the iPad into DFU Mode (Recovery Mode) by following this guide: http://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode

You should then be able to restore the device and then restore from backup. If you get an error saying that it can't be restored, try again. For some reason i've noticed lately at work that it takes 2 attempts.

Last edited:

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
England
Tried all that, none of it worked so i throw it on the sofa and left it to do other things.
Just come back to it and the device is now working, fully powered up and is on 9.3.1....!!!!

Strange..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.