Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwaker666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Генсокё
Hello, i bought ipad mini 4 one week ago. I noticed wrong usage time (on screenshot), so idk how long my ipad can work from one charge, lol.
I also noticed 4-5% battery drain at night, is it normal?
i tried to contact with apple support, recover ipad from DFU without backup restore, disable background activity. Also tried airplane before go to sleep, it's works, usage time in stat dont grown and 0% drained, but i don't want to use it like my iphone.
Any suggestions?

p.s. sorry for my english, this is not my native language

Attachments

• скрин 2.jpg
    скрин 2.jpg
    758.8 KB · Views: 161

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
What do you mean wrong usage stats? Whats wrong? Looks normal and your battery life seems really good too.

qwaker666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Генсокё
What do you mean wrong usage stats? Whats wrong? Looks normal and your battery life seems really good too.
I mean i used it for 5 or 6 hours (twitter, videos, messengers), but statistic shows i used it for 16 hours since last charge!
Maybe i dont understand how statistics is working

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I mean i used it for 5 or 6 hours (twitter, videos, messengers), but statistic shows i used it for 16 hours since last charge!
Maybe i dont understand how statistics is working
Look at your screenshot. You have over 8 hours of usage listed. That does not include anything iOS is doing in the background. Look at videos. You have 2.6 hours of screen on time and 2.4 hours of background. That alone is 5 hours. If you have all your apps closed and let your iPad or even your iPhone sit for 1 hour, you will see an increase in usage of about 10-15 minutes. That's just iOS working in the background.

Everything looks normal. You should be okay. Enjoy your device!

qwaker666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Генсокё
Look at your screenshot. You have over 8 hours of usage listed. That does not include anything iOS is doing in the background. Look at videos. You have 2.6 hours of screen on time and 2.4 hours of background. That alone is 5 hours. If you have all your apps closed and let your iPad or even your iPhone sit for 1 hour, you will see an increase in usage of about 10-15 minutes. That's just iOS working in the background.

Everything looks normal. You should be okay. Enjoy your device!
oh, thank you for explanation, now i understand

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.