Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Same as usual. Will test the Apple Maps probably tomorrow to see if it puts my destination address remotely close to where it should be. Just two weeks ago it was a little off by about, 20 miles...

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I notice no change so far.

I power off at night and turned on my phone at 6am. It is almost 9am and I'm at 85%.

No phone calls or downloads. Just some web surfing. 4 bars of LTE service.

OTA upgrade.

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
iPhone 6S Plus

Battery back to 13 hrs of usage. It had dropped to 9 hrs with 9.3.1.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Battery life is just as abysmal for me.

image.png

Safari and Phone are at the top with less than an hour each.

My usage hasn't changed, Apple says (along with other software) my battery is fine but I can no longer get anywhere remotely near ten hours of usage like I used too. Even music with the screen off can't do it let alone how I actually use the phone.

This was iOS 9.1 or 9.2. I was ecstatic about battery life.

image.png

Oh well.

Reactions: dk001 and g75d3

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Battery life is just as abysmal for me.

View attachment 631699

Safari and Phone are at the top with less than an hour each.

My usage hasn't changed, Apple says (along with other software) my battery is fine but I can no longer get anywhere remotely near ten hours of usage like I used too. Even music with the screen off can't do it let alone how I actually use the phone.

This was iOS 9.1 or 9.2. I was ecstatic about battery life.

View attachment 631702

Oh well.

Maybe you are using your iPhone more now with the screen on. Look at the two screenshots you posted. One looks like it has more "screen on time" (you using it more), which would use more battery.

The other one with supposedly long battery life looks like it is doing that because your main usage was just background activity. That 11 hr of usage looks like mostly background usage, which uses very little battery.

sailor4u

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Madison, WI
Installed - now when I make a phone call and put the phone up to my ear the screen goes off as planned, but when I bring the phone down to make a selection I can't get the screen to turn back on....so I can't even end the call.

UGH

ShagBD

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Where did my photo stream pictures go??
I had over 2,000 pictures. Now I have 200?

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
Share your experience with today's update.
There's something wrong with it... After updating.. My phone screen started to flicker... And there's something haunting on the lock screen.. If u see closely.. There a circular ring around my slide to unlock... This disappears slowly once I slide to unlock.... It gives me chills.... I'm
Going back to 9.2.1 for the time being

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    534.4 KB · Views: 507

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Maybe you are using your iPhone more now with the screen on. Look at the two screenshots you posted. One looks like it has more "screen on time" (you using it more), which would use more battery.

The other one with supposedly long battery life looks like it is doing that because your main usage was just background activity. That 11 hr of usage looks like mostly background usage, which uses very little battery.

Like I mentioned I can't get the same time with ONLY music playing in the background. Basically what I'm saying is it's impossible for me to replicate the battery usage I got even if I was manipulating my usage specifically to do that.

To make matters worse that long battery life screen shot was just a normal day. Obviously there will be variances like you are seeing but I could make it through work on a single charge. Now I cannot.

Reactions: dk001

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Battery life just as good as 9.3.1.

Getting 8-10 hours of usage on an iPhone 6s.

If you have issues, restore as new and adjust settings. It may be a drag, but it's totally worth it. I restore often and I never have battery life issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.