Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2008
I kind of expected this to just work but I can see it's nothing but a headache still. Bought an iHome plug to use with a lamp. I can only get it to work with one device, and only that device can find it via siri. It's currently setup on the iPad but I can't get it on the iPhone in their app and siri doesn't work on anything other than the iPad.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I understand Homekit is a framework but this is a perfect example of the need for a UI, at the very least you need a visual representation of basic functions.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2008
Well I figured this out. I logged out of iCloud on the device I had it working on. After reloading it works on all devices now. Bit of a pain but works well now. The complaining is over :)

Reactions: ericgtr12

amjustice

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Naperville, IL
Well I figured this out. I logged out of iCloud on the device I had it working on. After reloading it works on all devices now. Bit of a pain but works well now. The complaining is over :)

Glad you got it working, yes some of this stuff can be tricky on homekit right now. if you run into any other issues ping me and I am happy to try and help.

Reactions: aawil

robnbill

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Northern VA - Fairfax Area
I'm curious on where triggers are stored and executed from. I know in the case of the iDevice switch - timed triggers are stored in the device - and executed from the switch. I wonder if that is the same for the ConnectSense switch and the iHome switches. I'm assuming the triggers are stored in the hub for Lutron devices.

Does anyone know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.