Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
A bug in Sonoma where Time is NOT displayed in 24-Hr format ONLY when restarting or right after powering ON.
The 24 hour format being shown only on Lock but NOT after restarting or powering ON the MBP.

Is there is there a way to show the 24 hour time format even after powering ON or restarting?

The image taken after a RESTART or AFTER a shutdown

IMG_0947.JPG

This was taken ONLY when LOCKING the MacBook.

IMG_0946.JPG

anch in nk

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2018
There does appear to be a bug with the time issue in Sonema.
I have set the "Use a 24-hour clock in the menu bar" option to "24-hour time" innumerable times and it never applies the change.
Also I have turned off "Show 24-hour time on Lock Screen" numerous times but it still shows it!
Also I set the closest city to one much closer to home, but Sonema doesn't accept that either.

Sonema was preinstalled on my new MacBook Pro so I'm leaving it there. On the Mac Studio and iMac Pro I'm keeping Ventura which quite obviously hasn't got the masses of bugs that Sonema still has.

Perhaps they'll get it sorted soon.

If anyone actually has workarounds, that would be appreciated.

G46&Fbnth5

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2021
Setting the primary language to English (UK) instead of English (US) should fix the hour appearance in the Lock Screen.

Another solution, not particularly recommended, is turning FileVault off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.