Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
I've been Filofax dependent for the last 15 years, and have been using an iPad as a Filo-replacement since April - very happy! However, the only thing I miss is having a pocket to tuck slips of important paper, the odd receipt, tickets etc into with the iPad. I use the Apple case as it's so thin and slips into my handbag easily. I've been searching on this forum for ideas on a case that is similar to the Apple case, but has a pocket or something as well that I can tuck papers into.

Anyone come across anything that might work?

Thanks!

cadillac1234

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
I've been searching for one as well and haven't run across one.

I'm looking for a folio type that will hold a few business cards, a tablet of paper and a small pocket for the camera kit connector.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
http://www.casecrown.com/ipad/faux-leather/faux-leather-ipad-case-black

I got one of these off of ebay for less than $26.00 (free shipping). It allows you to put a notepad's cardboard side in the pocket. In the middle, you can insert either a pen, pencil, or stylus. Yes, I know the screen protector is messed up, but I bought my iPad from ebay and this is how it came. Soon, I'll replace it.

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 111
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 112
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 97
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 104

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
The 1st gen Piel Frama cases have a sort of pocket in the front flap to hold the screen wipe - might be what you are looking for.

The newer Piel Frama cinema cases might also have one but I havent got one of those so cant be sure.

amazonpam

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Apparently Amazon.com is expecting a "Moleskine Folio IPad Cover by Moleskine" on or around Nov. 18, 2010. If it's similar to the Kindle Moleskine it will include a notepad.

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Have you looked at t he happy owl clutch?

I haven't seen anyone post an updAte, so I'm not sure if it is even shipping yet. The "mens" version might be what you want.

Yes! This is just what I'm after- thank you. Just gotta wait till they start shipping and HOPE they'll take international orders...

r-sky

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
I found a pretty inexpensive, but very nice leather case that I really like. I wrote a review of it here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/999826/

I think it meets all you are looking for. It has a nice 1/3 size pocket inside that is perfect for reciepts and other slips of paper. I've been most pleased with mine and I've had it for almost a month now.

Attachments

• ZipAround-black.jpg
    ZipAround-black.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.