Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grahame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Hello. This is my first post, so please be kind. I've got a couple of problems....

I have a 15" Powerbook G4 and each time I connect my iPod, I receive a message saying that it is a volume that Mac OS cannot recognise.... my iPod is now empty and I'm not sure how to get the Mac to recognise the iPod. I have done a full software update so all the software is there. I haven't dropped or damaged the iPod.. any ideas?

Finally, I am using Quark 6 Passport and need to export a document as a PDF to supply to my local output agency. Until today this wasn't a problem, but now each time I try to export as a PDF I get the message "Unable to export file as pdf". Any ideas on this one???

Any help you wonderful people can offer would be more than welcome!

Thanks.

Grahame

idkew

macrumors 68020
Re: A couple of problems - iTunes & Quark 6

Originally posted by Grahame
Hello. This is my first post, so please be kind. I've got a couple of problems....

I have a 15" Powerbook G4 and each time I connect my iPod, I receive a message saying that it is a volume that Mac OS cannot recognise.... my iPod is now empty and I'm not sure how to get the Mac to recognise the iPod. I have done a full software update so all the software is there. I haven't dropped or damaged the iPod.. any ideas?

Finally, I am using Quark 6 Passport and need to export a document as a PDF to supply to my local output agency. Until today this wasn't a problem, but now each time I try to export as a PDF I get the message "Unable to export file as pdf". Any ideas on this one???

Any help you wonderful people can offer would be more than welcome!

Thanks.

Grahame

for the ipod. try running the firmware update installer for your pod. tell it to reformat or whatever. this may help.

for quark. no help at this point, but next time, take the quark install cd, find a hammer, and crush it. go to a store, buy an InDesign upgrade with your quark proof of purchase, and never deal with that horrible program again.

Grahame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Thanks for the tips! I've restored the iPod and everything seemed to work fine. However, when iTunes began to update the iPod with all my songs, it froze after 150 songs. Reckon it must be an iPod hardware problem... Life is a bit empty without my iPod.... :-(

As for Quark 6 - you're right. It's a fussy little program... it is now exporting PDF's just fine. Go, as they say, figure...

Thanks again for your help.

Grahame

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.