Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
I thought it may be interesting to share a video from a guy I follow, who managed to fit the internals of a MacBook Air into the body of a Windows laptop with touch screen. This is more a proof of concept than a perfectly usable device, but it works (including the touch screen) and made me think of what would be possible with a better "shell device" to start with (he used a very old laptop for the experiment) with touch and pen input and if this might be the future of Hackintosh with Apple Silicon...
Here is the video

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
True, but that's precisely the point. Since Hackintosh is no longer possible with Apple Silicon, what's the alternative going forward for those that want to run MacOS on a different hardware, for instance to take advantage of touch and pen? In theory there is no alternative, but this proof of concept shows that transplanting the board of an Apple Silicon MacBook into a Windows body might be the closest alternative.... In any case I find it interesting to explore the limits of what is technically possible...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.