Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
My wife has a launch day iPhone XS Max that was passed on to her when I got my 11 Pro Max. This iPhone XS Max has AppleCare+, and recently it was dropped and back cracked. Since I have a business trip to the US on Monday, I planned to take it there and get it serviced. I have a few questions hopefully people in the forum can answer:
- Can I get it fixed in the US even if I bought it in another country?
- If I make my appointment for Tuesday evening in an Apple Store, can I get the iPhone back on the same day? I will be heading back on Thursday so I need to get it Wednesday at the latest.
- If the back is cracked, do they replace the whole phone for a refurbished unit?

Thanks for your help, I've had AppleCare+ on a few phones but never had to use it until now.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Question 1: Yes
Question 2: Don't count on it. But maybe you'll get lucky if repair shop isn't busy.
Question 3: Depends on who makes the call for that repair. In your case (in a rush) your best scenario would be to just swap the busted phone with a refurb and be out the door, but it will be up to them to decide the course of action. I'd definitely plead your case to them (leaving country the next day)

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Then there's always this:

4. What is not Covered?
4.1 Hardware Service and ADH Coverage Area. Apple may restrict hardware service and ADH coverage to the Covered iPad’s original Country of Purchase.

Personally I'd call Apple and ask them and not us. In addition if it does need to be sent off then there's never a guarantee it'll be back in time. And if it is a refurbished device then what absolute guarantee do you have that it'll work 100% in the UK as much as one brought in the UK would. My hope is that this shouldn't be an issue, but I'm not knowledgeable enough in that regard.

Me? I'd not risk it.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
If the back is broken, it's a straight up replacement with a refurbished unit during the same visit. No delay, unless if for some reason the Apple Store doesn't have stock.

Apple will service your iPhone in all countries where AC+ is offered.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.