Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I just watched a long video about iOS 14. As I don’t have the beta on my device, I was hoping those who do might be able to help answer any of these questions.

1. Are the more prominent/larger apps in each category in the new app library view the most used apps in those categories? Do they change depending in app use?
  2. Does the Reminders widget display all reminders from a selected list, not just those with dates associated with them?
  3. Do the apps displayed on the home screen also appear in the app library?
  4. Can you now name text groups containing SMS recipients?
  5. I see you can now skip an alarm for a day. Can you specify if you want to skip more than one day (e.g., a long holiday weekend)?
  6. Does the new music autoplay feature (which continues playing music when a playlist had ended) pull music from just your library, or from all of Apple Music?
  7. In Apple Music, the Search window is now filled with music genres. Has the Trending section been moved elsewhere or has it been removed entirely?
  8. Scans are supposed to have more precise cropping. Does this mean my finger will no longer get in the way of adjusting crop comers?
  9. Can you search addresses in the Photos app?
  10. Any idea why the time picker in the Reminders app is unchanged, compared with the newly updated version in the rest of iOS?
  11. Is there still no “Find My” widget?

Last edited:

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
1. As far as I can tell, yes to both questions.
2. Yes
3. Yes. All apps on the device apppear in the App Library.
4. No, sadly...
5. I don’t know, as I haven’t even been able to figure out how to skip it for one day.
6. I don’t know, and I can’t check, as I don’t have Apple Music.
7. There’s a “Hot Tracks“ section in Browse. That might be it’s replacement.
8. Nope. For me my finger still gets in the way.
9. Nope.
10. For me Reminders has the new date picker, but the old time picker.
11. Nope.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
1. As far as I can tell, yes to both questions.
2. Yes
3. Yes. All apps on the device apppear in the App Library.
4. No, sadly...
5. I don’t know, as I haven’t even been able to figure out how to skip it for one day.
6. I don’t know, and I can’t check, as I don’t have Apple Music.
7. There’s a “Hot Tracks“ section in Browse. That might be it’s replacement.
8. Nope. For me my finger still gets in the way.
9. Nope.
10. For me Reminders has the new date picker, but the old time picker.
11. Nope.
Thank you. According to the video I watched, you should be able to skip an alarm by going into the Alarm section of the Clock app and tapping the Change button next to the alarm. Under Alarm Options, toggle off “Wake Up Alarm”. When you tap Done, it should now say Skipped (tomorrow only). I wonder if you can skip it for more than one day.

As for the time picker, you’re correct. I got those mixed up. Curious why the time picker in Reminders is still the old version.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Thank you. According to the video I watched, you should be able to skip an alarm by going into the Alarm section of the Clock app and tapping the Change button next to the alarm. Under Alarm Options, toggle off “Wake Up Alarm”. When you tap Done, it should now say Skipped (tomorrow only). I wonder if you can skip it for more than one day.

As for the time picker, you’re correct. I got those mixed up. Curious why the time picker in Reminders is still the old version.

The skip is next day only, that’s it.
A170A9F8-E874-4AF4-94B0-35FE4AE5C149.jpeg

8. I just have my finger off the edge of the pointer for the crop, so it’s not as badly covering it.

11. This may change, as I suspect that Apple only had so much time to have a certain amount of Widgets ready

Reactions: Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA

No idea. Could be that someone just forgot to update it when the new time picker was finally ready. Who knows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.