Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slffl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Wow. I love when people get excited about the 'new' features in Vista. CNET recently put up this First Look at Vista Ultimate. There's a 'new' feature in Vista I hadn't previously heard of, he calls it 'Blue Virtual Folders'. Or in other words, Smart Folders.

Link to Video
http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-25825.html

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
If you want to see a fun video about Vista, go to CBS News and click on the video link (at the right) that says "Copycat Clash". David Pogue gives CBS a nicely smug interview in which he points out how un-original Vista is.

(This isn't the Pogue video that's been around for a bit, either. This is something new.)

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I'll never understand why Microsoft chose the name Sidebar for it's new wi.. gadget area. For any PC techs out there, you know what I'm talking about.

For the rest of you, Sidebar is and older form adware on XP. Let's hope it doesn't run on Vista, otherwise there will be some confusion in the near future!

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Wow. I love when people get excited about the 'new' features in Vista. CNET recently put up this First Look at Vista Ultimate. There's a 'new' feature in Vista I hadn't previously heard of, he calls it 'Blue Virtual Folders'. Or in other words, Smart Folders.

Link to Video
http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-25825.html

It sounded to me like they read MS promo materials... aside from when they mentioned that their test laptop's hard drive didn't meet Microsoft's standards (for allowing the hard drive to be encrypted).

slffl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
If you want to see a fun video about Vista, go to CBS News and click on the video link (at the right) that says "Copyright Clash". David Pogue gives CBS a nicely smug interview in which he points out how un-original Vista is.

(This isn't the Pogue video that's been around for a bit, either. This is something new.)

LOL, that was great. I hadn't seen that one before. I wonder if it made it to television or if it was web-only?

jhande

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
Denmark
I'll never understand why Microsoft chose the name Sidebar for it's new wi.. gadget area. For any PC techs out there, you know what I'm talking about.

For the rest of you, Sidebar is and older form adware on XP. Let's hope it doesn't run on Vista, otherwise there will be some confusion in the near future!

Heh, that was my first thought as well - although in this case it might just be appropriate...:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.