Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
in android phones there is an excellent "@VOICE ALOUD READER" which allows me to store countless news or text articles for my interest and it speaks them back to me from one article to next, while l can do something else. My standard iphone4s allows me to "speak" only the currently highlighted text. is there a way to make it continue reading other articles of interest without a charge?

Also highlighting the text in iphone4s is precarious and relatively time consuming compared to my samsung note 2, where l just highlight a single word (~1sec) and press the 4 squared icon at the top (~1sec) to highlight all the text. in my iphone4s, i highlight a word first (~1sec), then move my finger or thumb up or down to highlight all the text, (~1sec) but when l take my finger off after a further ~(3secs), very likely all the highlight unhighlights, and l have to start again, frequently l have to do again about 3-5 times. all to "speak" one article and having to repeat again for next article. whereas it only takes ~2seconds to speak countless articles of interest with @VOICE ALOUD READER.

Any tips on making iphone 4s more user friendly?
is the 5s as user "unfriendly" or more user friendly like androids, or note2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.