Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mythdemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2011
San Diego, California
Hello! I know this gets asked frequently in this forum, but even after searching for more than a week I am not able to decide upon a great folio/stand case.

In the past, I have used the Targus Versavu 360 case for my iPad 4. I really loved the case, and it's sad to see that the IPP 9.7" case they have now does not have speaker openings. Maybe the 'sound scoops' on it do make the audio sound better, I don't know - it just feels weird paying for a case that's not designed for your device.

I'm OK with just a landscape-type case as well (in spite of liking the portrait mode for writing). There are many cases similar to Apple's smart cover; not really keen on the single angle solution there.

My IPP usage is predominantly writing (with an external Bluetooth keyboard) - will really appreciate multiple angles due to this - and watching movies while lying in bed.

Would really appreciate any suggestions. I am using a JETech Smartcase cover in the meantime.

Sorry for the verbose post :)

evamoree

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2016
Hello! I know this gets asked frequently in this forum, but even after searching for more than a week I am not able to decide upon a great folio/stand case.

In the past, I have used the Targus Versavu 360 case for my iPad 4. I really loved the case, and it's sad to see that the IPP 9.7" case they have now does not have speaker openings. Maybe the 'sound scoops' on it do make the audio sound better, I don't know - it just feels weird paying for a case that's not designed for your device.

I'm OK with just a landscape-type case as well (in spite of liking the portrait mode for writing). There are many cases similar to Apple's smart cover; not really keen on the single angle solution there.

My IPP usage is predominantly writing (with an external Bluetooth keyboard) - will really appreciate multiple angles due to this - and watching movies while lying in bed.

Would really appreciate any suggestions. I am using a JETech Smartcase cover in the meantime.

Sorry for the verbose post :)

I use an ESR case for my mini 2 and a quick Amazon search showed me that its available for the IPP too. Its your typical tri-fold folio case but what makes it good for me is how long its lasted so far (7 months with spending a lot of time in a backpack where it'll get shoved around for a 8 hours 5 days a week. I can imagine it lasting the whole time I have my iPad unlike the other case I bought that lasted a week).

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Canada
Urban Armor Gear has been my #1 since I first saw it and I recommend it every time someone asks this question. The best part in my opinion is that the folio cover comes off and it has a Pencil holder.

Reactions: Ladyc0524
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.