Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

11blue

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
What is the best scanner (plain scanner) in the 100$ range for the MacBook? Who has one and would liek to share about it? I really need one as I am an artist and I want to buy one tomorrow.

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
San José, Costa Rica
What is the best scanner (plain scanner) in the 100$ range for the MacBook? Who has one and would liek to share about it? I really need one as I am an artist and I want to buy one tomorrow.

How about this all in one printer/copier/scanner? My sister and mom use it and they find it awesome (sister being a photography student) Just helping here.

Victor

11blue

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I was kind of leaning towards a stand alone for the size, but, if the scanner is just as good, and has a good user interface and program, i guess i'll just grab an all in one. anyone else?

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
hp once are guite good, 4010 is amazing, but it is big. Its one of the best affordable once i have seen it is 160, but i have seen it on sale forr 109. Still if you would like like a basic scaner, go for all it one, hp c4180 is quite good, then 5610 is good, but ugly as hell.

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
thwy are fairly basic, you can simply use preview to scan the images, just go to file and import, after get the to iphoto and do some editing. are you looking for OCR reader btw?

11blue

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
No, I don't need one. I just need a pretty decent scanner for my art, and it needs to be able to scan high resolutions (like 600 DPI, or much higher), because I am working on a comic that i pan to publish.

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
Yeah then go fo 4010, it is one of the best once I have seen, great peace of hardware. Scence you are doing work towards the proffecional sidean forget about all In once, I personally recomend 4010 from hp!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.