Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
polyesterlester said:
Well your icon at Tibathon looks like a rip off of Adium's icon ;)

Just kidding. I agree about it being a rip off of SmoothOperator. I find it odd that this even got posted to MacBytes.
hehe I do not deny I am using the Adium duck ad my avatar :)

I thought it was odd too..kind of came out of no where.

I am surprised that the theme was even posted on adium too...Im surprised the author of smooth operator has not said something - but others seem to be bringing it up.

applextrent

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2003
So. Cal
From Eoban, "Well, the first line of its description reads, "this is intended to be a soft and elegant message view theme, somewhat based on Smooth Operator." And under the Credits it says, "Based on Smooth Operator." Sorry if you still feel it's a ripoff...I added the floating bar, changed all the fonts, added link rollover colour changes, shadows under the h1 and h2 text, translucency, removed the inline icons, shifted the text over accordingly, and added smooth scrolling via JavaScript. I don't know of any other Adium themes that have smooth scrolling...so yeah, again, sorry you feel that way..."

I guess no one reads the fine print these days. :p

--Trent L.
CEO of Apple-X.net

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.