Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Overall are you happy with iOS 11

• Yes

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • No Sure

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
I just updated to iOS 11.2

I like 11 but it does appear to have some bugs, and I'm absolutely not impressed with notification centre. To be honest I'd rather a swipe up from the bottom to take me to to the widget centre, rather than swiping up to go to the home screen and then swipe right (or swiping down into notification centre then swiping right).

And another thing that annoys me is having to swipe up hold then active apps appear then in order to force close them you have to again hold your finger down on an app until the red circle appears and swipe up to close. There seems to be more, not less, gestures to achieve basic things.

C.clavin

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
Liking it a lot so far, 90/10 happiness/frustration. I agree you should be able to swipe up and hold in middle of screen to initiate the force quit sequence, kind of like how you tap and hold to delete an app. Also I find myself taking roughly 3 unwanted screenshots while taking phone out or putting it back into my pocket. Would also like the ability to use control center in landscape view. Annoying to change settings when watching videos.

Reactions: Skeptical.me

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
IOS 11 on my X seems fine. There are a couple of things I would change but nothing major. It is smooth, fast, and I have great battery life. It was also that way on my 6s before I got my x

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
IOS 11 on my X seems fine. There are a couple of things I would change but nothing major. It is smooth, fast, and I have great battery life. It was also that way on my 6s before I got my x

Overall I totally agree with you. There are just a few operational things that annoy me. Otherwise the iPhone X is the best iPhone I've had.

Black Tiger

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
I just updated to iOS 11.2

I like 11 but it does appear to have some bugs, and I'm absolutely not impressed with notification centre. To be honest I'd rather a swipe up from the bottom to take me to to the widget centre, rather than swiping up to go to the home screen and then swipe right (or swiping down into notification centre then swiping right).

And another thing that annoys me is having to swipe up hold then active apps appear then in order to force close them you have to again hold your finger down on an app until the red circle appears and swipe up to close. There seems to be more, not less, gestures to achieve basic things.
The top swipes are not ideal at all. The best proposal I have read is to amalgamate the app switcher, control center and notifications into one swipe up gesture (the one for the app switcher where you swipe and hold or swipe up and to the right) and simply have those screens live as permanent “apps” to the right hand side of the app carousel. A simple solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.