Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
This is very interesting...seems apple could be leaving itself behind in tech if it does not become more creative in computer design.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
These are gaming gimmicks. (That wasn’t meant to sound dismissive, just my $0.02)

Seems like the gaming sector always churns out exciting products in different shapes since it’s about the “new” and “exciting”. I don’t think this is a sector Apple is even thinking of competing with.

I can’t find pictures offhand but reminds me of the Nokia slider phone that was available in GameStop in the pre-iPhone era.

Reactions: GoldfishRT

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Its designed to compete against the Switch. I don't think it will be a viable alternative to be honest.

Its more like a alternative to the smach z.

Its a cool design...apple should think about it...gaming is a important aspect of computers and a portable one is even better...it would attract more developers to the apple line up.
[automerge]1578668429[/automerge]
These are gaming gimmicks. (That wasn’t meant to sound dismissive, just my $0.02)

Seems like the gaming sector always churns out exciting products in different shapes since it’s about the “new” and “exciting”. I don’t think this is a sector Apple is even thinking of competing with.

I can’t find pictures offhand but reminds me of the Nokia slider phone that was available in GameStop in the pre-iPhone era.

Oh, it’s much better than a phone version.

Reactions: ruslan120

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
Gaming is leading the tech everywhere but Apple. VR and/or gaming is the future social world.

Apple graphics are just 'head in the sand' compared to the rest of the industry.

Until Apple settles with NVIDIA, the graphic road ahead looks dark and gritty for us Apple fans. a2

Reactions: Queen6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.