Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
In the last days I discovered that both Mail and Photos had two small bugs fixed, I assume on Apple side.
I never jump on new updates and patiently wait to see how they go and how many complaints they get and if there is a xy.01 coming soon to fix what Apple broke with the last one.
Automatic updates are off on my computer and on my devices, same on all my family devices.
I'm the one reading, they just wait for the ok.

In Mail "Remove attachment" is available again from the Menu--> Messages. Before was always greyed out and I had to come up with a trick to remove the attachments.

In Photos when I delete a photo the message has changed back to the normal : "Are you sure you want to delete this photo?"
Before was the same message but ending with "from all your devices"
My photos are not shared between computers or devices , just on one computer and not even in the Cloud

Apple miracles can happen 😉

katbel

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
In Photos when I delete a photo the message has changed back to the normal : "Are you sure you want to delete this photo?"
Before was the same message but ending with "from all your devices"
My photos are not shared between computers or devices , just on one computer and not even in the Cloud

Apple miracles can happen 😉
Update: Photos alert is back to
Screenshot 2024-03-16.jpg

It must have been a glitch on a glitch 😂

glorp

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2023
Have noticed similar evidence of updates having occurred contrary to permissions. So far they've been benign, though one change did enable a bunch of iCloud Drive things, which would have been incredibly annoying had access to iCloud not been further blocked via a range of methods.

Only came to use multiple methods to block it because Apple has shown it will ride roughshod over preferences set for iCloud via System Settings.

Reactions: katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.