Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zvitali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
I am a student and seriously tempted to buy a TiBook (there is a very good deal going on it at my University Store). The problem is that I am graduating soon and will be leaving the country for several years. TiBook comes with Apple Care, but I cannot understand if this is truly an international warranty.

In the fine print it says that Apple Care is valid only in US. However, for powerbooks and ibooks the warranty is global. These seems like two contradicting statements to me. The best guess I can provide is that if it breaks in some other country, then I can bring it to the service center and they will ship it back to US for repair.

Is anybody know about this? Would really appreciate your help.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm in New Zealand but bought my iBook from the US. Acccording to Apple NZ, iBooks and PowerBooks have a 1 year warranty that is valid in every country, and this warranty can be extended to 3 years with the purchase of AppleCare. Desktops, on the other hand, only have their 1 year warranty valid in the country of purchase, but AppleCare extends it to 3 years and makes it international.

This is all according to Apple NZ. It's possible that the terms are different, depending on what country the computer's bought in.

zvitali

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2003
Thanks for your reply. Have you ever used the warranty while in New Zealand? Will they repair it there or ship it to US?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.