Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prechrchet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
At the risk of getting flamed, I have a questions concerning frames...

What browsers out there have trouble with them? One another site, the webmaster told me that Apple Mac browsers couldn't handle them, which I knew was not the case because, well, I am running an iMac, and they pull up just fine for me.

The site in questions is in my signature.

DesignIt

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2005
prechrchet said:
At the risk of getting flamed, I have a questions concerning frames...

What browsers out there have trouble with them? One another site, the webmaster told me that Apple Mac browsers couldn't handle them, which I knew was not the case because, well, I am running an iMac, and they pull up just fine for me.

The site in questions is in my signature.

Frames, at this point in time, are very obsolete, since you can accomplish the same thing and better thru CSS.

Speaking directly toward your question, none of the mac browsers I use, have problems with frames. I checked your site in: Safari, Netscape and Opera. It pulled up fine in all of them.

I would stay away from Mac based IE...it is utterly crap and very outdated. That one I no longer have on my computer. =)

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Yes, frames have been around almost since the beginning of HTML and the World Wide Web, so they work just fine in all browsers. Most times when frames show up poorly it is due to poor implementation rather than browser incompatibility.
Whether you should use them or not is a topic for a different discussion...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.