Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melissapete24

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
(I apologize in advance for being long-winded.)

So, I'm about ready to go insane. Normally, I absolutely LOVE autocorrect. It has saved me from many a terrible blunder. I've extensively used most of the iOSs, so I'm quite familiar with them. However, I have a brand-new iPad with iOS 7 on it (I had already played with the new iOS quite a bit on my mom's iPhone 5, so I was quite familiar with it already), and i downloaded Pages on it for my college classes so I can do up my papers on the go. In all the other iOSs I've used, Autocorrect basically learned my "personal vocabulary" and, for the most part, did nothing but help me, very seldom giving me incorrect corrections. However, on my iPad, mostly when writing a paper in Pages, although also basically any time I type, it always, and I mean, quite literally, ALWAYS, changes "well" to "we'll", no matter what the context is, or how many times I click the "x". Whereas with any other word in autocorrect, if you type it and it corrects and you notice and backspace it and retype it right away, and then hit space after the word, it will keep your correction, but with "well", no matter how many times I backspace it and correct it, it just keeps changing it to "we'll" over and over. I tested it once, and I typed well followed by a space (Autocorrect doing its dirty deed and changing it to "we'll") and immediately backspaced to the "e" and then re-typed the two Ls, and as soon as I hit space again, the we'll was back. WHY??? iOS 6 never did this! It's driving me BONKERS, but I don't want to turn Autocorrect off because it really does help me most times, but this is fast becoming a major headache. Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.