Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 16, 2015
Hello, guys. I recently got one cheap iPhone folio case that has a front cover. I thought when I closed the front cover, the screen would turn it off automatically. But no. The screen was still on.

Initially I considered this not a huge dealbreaker cause all I needed to remember is to turn off screen after finishing using iPhone (I turn off Auto-lock to have more control of when I lock my iPhone). Today, I go to a local shopping mall and buy another iPhone folio from speck called Presidio Folio. It lives up to its name and has a rigid edge for drop protection. The front cover also has some thickness so that I can stick three cards inside it, although that cheap folio case can also do the same.

I put the case on iPhone and think this time around auto-lock will work. But no. It still does not work. I have tried to change the setting “Lock/Unlock” under “Display & Brightness” but it still does not work. Restarting the iPhone does not help.

Considering I am using iOS 13 beta 2, I want to ask if anyone else using folio case have the same problem?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Well that’s a new one on me, I didn’t even know the iPhone supported locking of the screen with a folio case.

As a side note, don’t you ever worry about security though if your phone never locks and you forget to do it?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 16, 2015
Well that’s a new one on me, I didn’t even know the iPhone supported locking of the screen with a folio case.

As a side note, don’t you ever worry about security though if your phone never locks and you forget to do it?
I don’t because I Can remember to lock the iPhone when not using it. Sometimes I want the iPhone remain unlocked so that I can, say, listen to YouTube video or keep track of something online without actively using it. Auto-lock does not work great in that scenario.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
The Presidio Folio doesn’t claim to have auto-lock as a feature.

The only iPhone Folio case I am aware of that does is Apple’s first-party product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.