Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
A little tip for anyone likes to tinker. I recently set up a docker instance of Mullvad Broswer on my NAS, I access my NAS though a VPN. Now I have a true desktop class private browser on my iPad. It’s a bit clunky, but works pretty well. I set up a Siri Shortcut to open it up in web view, so it just pops up over everything when I need it. Also on my iPhone as well. It’s pretty cool. There are plenty of other cool things to do with a NAS, even a cheap Raspberry Pi with docker works. VPN in and you can run an awful lot of ‘non ipad’ things if you selfhost them. 👍

bscheffel

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
I do wish that Apple would eliminate the webkit requirement for iPadOS browser and bring us real desktop class browser. I have Jump desktop to my Mac for those instances where a site just doesn't work on iPad.
Also please please please Apple please add "Download Linked File As....." capability to iPadOS Safari. It's frustrating that it's missing and it's on the Mac.

Reactions: Alameda
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.