Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
How would a designer present his keynote portfolio, if he had to have an interview for work and due to the Covid issue, he could only had to present it remotely?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks but this maybe isn't so easy. Mostly referring to the talking through phase. How will i synchronise my speech to what the person is looking at. Just a thought :)

nfable

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2007
Put it in a box on the particular slide. If you plan to talk them thru it, just start with the cover then say
"Ok, I'd like to walk you thru my portfolio - if you'll just open it up the pdf we'll start on page 1. Please let me know if you have any questions. You got the pdf open? Great! *start talking*"

You don't have to control the 'playback' of what they are seeing. Just tell them when you're going to a new page.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
What about sharing screen using skype? That way ill have my protfolio on my computer and i would have the playback control using skype and screen sharing. :)

Successful Sorcerer

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2019
Make a FaceTime call and share your screen with the presentation open in full screen. Did that multiple times for clients around the world. It's also possible with other apps, just google the name of the app + "share screen".

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The best way to sync the speech with the interviewer would be to have you and the interviewer looking at the same PP file. As your going through, you can reference the page your on.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Sending my portfolio to a bunch of interviewers doesn't sound like a good idea though... does it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.