Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Hi guys,

I've been searching but can't find what I'm after and already spent enough money on apps that don't do what i want.

I want a very basic annotate app that uses Dropbox and allow me to open PDFs files. These are all textbooks. I want to open a book, and much like preview on OS X (using the cursor), simply drag my finger across the text to highlight it. It then resyncs so when i open the pdf on Mac, the highlights are there. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lots of annotate apps go through the hassle of highlighting it using the blue adjustable boxes and then pressing highlight. I find this time consuming and rather awkward process of going about it.

Please help me!!

Last edited:

wolfie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Excuse my ignorance, how can you highlight PDFs on iPad using Dropbox?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Excuse my ignorance, how can you highlight PDFs on iPad using Dropbox?

Oooh, right. Sorry, I lately keep on thinking this is the Mac section and not the iOS one. :eek: GoodReader will let you do this. There is a button you press at the side when you go into a PDF, and you just touch whatever and it'll highlight it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.