Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by shadowfax
isn't that just a mirror of the original? what's the prize for?

I'm not sure what the original is that you are referring. The prize is for the largest wallpaper that I've seen. Not sure if a 23" Cinema Display would help al that much! :p

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by wdlove
I'm not sure what the original is that you are referring. The prize is for the largest wallpaper that I've seen. Not sure if a 23" Cinema Display would help al that much! :p
his images are just a mirror of the images that edesignuk linked to in the first post on this thread, which subsequently got overloaded... they're not even really wallpapers, though they are prime soil for anyone who can resize and crop images ;)

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
I wonder if these photos were digital from the beginning or done with regular film, they sure are huge.
Finally we can all print our own life size Angelina.
:)

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i'm guessing these pics were taken with a regular camera, on film. i know that digital camera's have come along way, but i think it would be hard to get that sort of quality from a digi cam. although they might have been touched up in Photoshop already...

i know there are a few pro photographers that use digital cameras, but by far the majority still use film and just scan it.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by cb911
i'm guessing these pics were taken with a regular camera, on film. i know that digital camera's have come along way, but i think it would be hard to get that sort of quality from a digi cam. although they might have been touched up in Photoshop already...

i know there are a few pro photographers that use digital cameras, but by far the majority still use film and just scan it.
ummm.... a good 4 MegaPixel Camera will get this size of image with great ease. these were probably taken with, if not a high dollar 35 mm camera, then a 6-odd MP camera. it would easily get this quality, and then some. that's why they cost $800-1000

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
It might even be from one of the 10 MP+, that most pro photographers can afford ?

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
oops! :p i guess i haven't been keeping up with the latest tech.

one thing i can remember is Foevon (Foeveon?) technology. it doesn't need R, G & B CCD's seperately, it can have them all in one layer, so you can fit about triple the CCD's (or whatever captures the colour). digital cameras are going to be sweet when they come out. :D

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Funny!

Originally posted by cb911
oops! :p i guess i haven't been keeping up with the latest tech.

<snip>

digital cameras are going to be sweet when they come out. :D

Hehe ... funny guy!

:cool:

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by edesignuk
Don't worry, I can say with great confidence that you will not be disappointed;) :D

Ah, that would be telling....I have my sources....

Well 60, 61, and 62 I got off of SpyMac a couple weeks ago. So either you have the same source as the guy who posted them there or I have the same source as you.

Also I just have to give you a thumbs up on your avatar. It gives me fond memories of the ones I had that were very similar to that. Unfortunately I was asked very politely to try something different.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by MacBandit
Well 60, 61, and 62 I got off of SpyMac a couple weeks ago.
I did post them on SpyMac a couple of weeks ago, but after a day or 2 the friggin Mods deleted them, I dunno why :confused:

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Whoops. I didn't check this thread for a while.

Can someone upload 15? It's gone from mrjamin's server...

edesignuk, I was well disappointed with that kiss. Could have been longer. Sigh.

AppleMatt

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by AppleMatt
Whoops. I didn't check this thread for a while.

Can someone upload 15? It's gone from mrjamin's server...
See my above post, or the quote below...
FYI, my link to #15 is fixed now, enjoy one and all! :D
Originally posted by AppleMatt
edesignuk, I was well disappointed with that kiss. Could have been longer. Sigh.

AppleMatt
lol, yeah, I know :( but it's still good enough for my 'tar...for the time being ;)

elgruga

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2001
Canada
w00t! Thanks! I'd like to thank my family, friends, Angelina...

Yeah, but your pic of the girl on the left is a lot cuter than MS Jolie, IMHO.....

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
edesignuk said:
Actually, I think you will all find that Angelina is crashing @ my place ;) ...seriously...really, honestly, no joke, for real, 100% true. Oh, there she is now, g2g, things to erm..."do" with Angelina :D

edit: Angelina has decided she'd like to go for a drive, so we're poping out for a cruise in the V12 Vanquish, bbl :)
Tut, tut, tut... whatever would Keira say if she found out? ;)

Edit: Yikes, I've just seen the dates on this thread – this one really is a risen from the grave if ever there was... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.