Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
ebikes seem popular, though I don't understand the appeal. I don't see what would be in it for Apple though? ITs basically just a bike with a battery and a small motor. All of their products have been geared to generate income post purchase, so unless they're forcing some sort of subscription onto the bike they'll not make any money AFAIK after selling a bike.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
ebikes seem popular, though I don't understand the appeal. I don't see what would be in it for Apple though? ITs basically just a bike with a battery and a small motor. All of their products have been geared to generate income post purchase, so unless they're forcing some sort of subscription onto the bike they'll not make any money AFAIK after selling a bike.
It depends on the bike. Some have a throttle button where the ebike does all the work. Others are e-assist, so you have to pedal. The e-assist are nice for those who like to commute on the bike but do not yet have the prowess to complete the task.

I agree that Apple should have no interest here. People try to predict Apple's next move and come forward with some very interesting ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.