Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macguy31

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
I've been using my HomePod (Original) as my default speaker on my AppleTV 4K to take advance of Dolby audio and it does sound very good, however, I do think that the audio/video is ever so slightly off - it's 99.9% ok with iTunes content that i've purchased (movies, tv shows) and it works the same with Disney plus but any time I use YouTube or ABC/NBC apps the Audio/Video is really off - unwatchable, actually. I believe the audio is behind. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not really sure there's anything that can be done about it on my end but if anyone has any suggestions i'm open to them!

Thanks.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Not an issue for me. I watch YouTube more than anything else and I don’t have anymore issues with sound when it comes to HomePods.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I've been using my HomePod (Original) as my default speaker on my AppleTV 4K to take advance of Dolby audio and it does sound very good, however, I do think that the audio/video is ever so slightly off - it's 99.9% ok with iTunes content that i've purchased (movies, tv shows) and it works the same with Disney plus but any time I use YouTube or ABC/NBC apps the Audio/Video is really off - unwatchable, actually. I believe the audio is behind. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not really sure there's anything that can be done about it on my end but if anyone has any suggestions i'm open to them!

Thanks.
I have had no issues but in the settings you can sync. I've not had to try it so I can't comment on it or how to sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.