Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
As per the title?

I’m still new to AirPods Pro, so don’t recognise the chimes that sound when switching between sound modes.

Is there a way/setting to allow the AirPods Pro to actually say what mode you’re switching to?

Thanks in advance.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I don't believe so, but it will be obvious, especially if you pause the audio before switching. The noise-cancellation mode will feel pressurized (and obviously quieter) and Transparency mode will sound like the room is mic'd up all of a sudden.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I don't believe so, but it will be obvious, especially if you pause the audio before switching. The noise-cancellation mode will feel pressurized (and obviously quieter) and Transparency mode will sound like the room is mic'd up all of a sudden.
Thanks. I was asking, because I had my setting to switch between all three modes.

Now I’ve unticked “off” you’re right, it will be obvious which mode I’m in.

If I want to switch it off, I’ll just use the settings app on my phone.

Reactions: usagora

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Thanks. I was asking, because I had my setting to switch between all three modes.

Now I’ve unticked “off” you’re right, it will be obvious which mode I’m in.

If I want to switch it off, I’ll just use the settings app on my phone.

Yes, I have mine set the same way (to toggle only between noise-cancellation and transparency). And the easiest way to turn off noise-control settings is to open Control Center, long-press the volume level indicator until you see the options for "Noise Control" and "Spatial Audio", click "Noise Control", and then click "Off".

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.