Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tparkaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2022
When the season first started, I was happy watching the show with my Apple TV, in my Family Room. Now, it has started acting like the Apple box is trying to connect, but not finding the program. The little wheel just spins and spins and not ever timing out. However, I tried the same show on another Apple TV box, in another room, it works fine. It also plays fine on all of my Apple devices as well. I've tried restarting, even unplugging, the TV box, to no avail. Any ideas or suggestions as to the issue? Oh, by the way, this Apple TV box is the latest 4K version and latest updates.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Have you run speedtest on that Apple TV when the problem is occuring?

tparkaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2022
Have you run speedtest on that Apple TV when the problem is occuring?
I have...that point in my system is ethernet broadband, Giga-bit service. I would think, if I have speed or bandwidth issues; the issue would be more wide spread than just one TV show on Hulu. There are no other issues on the Hulu streaming service. Thank you for your input. Oh by the way, I measured my network speed again this morning at that access point, 937 Down; 938 Up.

tparkaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2022
When I saw your post, I thought, well how silly is it to ask this. But I got to thinking, I never tried it using the Hulu app directly on my Apple TV box. Well, it to was not working. I deleted the app and reloaded it. Well, I'm happy to say that all is well. I'm usually a very analytic person but, it just never occurred to me, to simply delete the app and start over. I guess I was just to close to the forest to see the trees. Thanks so much for your suttle but insightful thought. I do appreciate your help. Have a great day. You certainly uplifted mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.