Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ren08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
Australia
I've searched everywhere for a solution to this issue and the closet I found was on this site but no solution posted and it was a older OS.

Server - System Sierra server running on MacPro 2010
Workstations iMac 2010 and 2 - 2017 running Sierra

Keep in mind that this happens only in certain folders.
If the workstations connect via SMB you can't see all the files in the folder The files are adobe files - indesign Acrobat

At the same time from the same workstation I'll connect via AFP using command K and I will be able to see the files. If I touch the file or add a file through the AFP share All becomes visible in the SMB share.

IF you log out and back in the files are invisible again to the smb share.

I got my trusted macmini and did a new install of Sierra server and copied the group for files onto the mini from a backup. Same Issue.

Thought it may be a file attribute but can't see how it would cause this behaviour.

Copying the files to the desktop and back to the server doesn't change anything. Doing a save as of the indesign file doesn't change anything.

Any ideas as to what could cause this behaviour? As a workaround for now is there a way I can force Sierra to connect via AFT there the sidebar instead of using command K

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.