Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thousandsfall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Tiger.jpg

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Not sure what this screenshot is meant to show but you would have thought that Apple would know how to spell 'position', or is possition some new feature?! :rolleyes:

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Can't be Tiger. Tiger got rid of the favorites in the OS settings. There is a cut and paste error in the settings window on the left hand side.
Bad fake if it is supposed to be one.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
i'm pretty sure this poster is 12. the image is possibly the most horrendous fake i've ever seen, at least try a little harder.

there are so many obvious "faults" in the picture, my favorite of which is a toss up between the spelling errors and the obvious cut & paste window.

Coolvirus007

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2004
Tokyo
Am i mssing something? Whats so funny about "Possition" which obviously has been added in with photoshop along with other weird sidebar.

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
wow. i never thought i'd say this (because i get tired of the threads where everyone says that blah blah blah is fake because of the CMYK channels, blah blah blah), but this is a really horrible fake. i mean, it's bad. there's too many things to list it's so bad. nothing is the same size. the pref. pane itself was cut so sloppily that you can see part of the desktop that used to be behind it. the title bar is a completely different size than the pref pane bar. the -/+ slider is larger than any of the text.
the text of the items in the sidebar is distorted, because it's been stretched up and down. the sidebar has no shadow. the dock icons above the sidebar don't have aa edges. the 'search hard drive' and 'google' search fields arent' in line with the slider above it. apple doesn't put 'google' above the search bar in safari, it puts it in gray in the search box itself, along with a little magnifying glass (if memory serves - writing this up at work on a 2000 box). the sidebar doesn't even go all the way to the edge of the screen.

anything else?

<edit>

oh yeah, all the spelling and punctuation errors in the pref pane itself - i think "Hide when Finders inactive" wa my favorite, with allways as a close second...

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
umm...get a dictionary, the original spell-checker. i cant exactly attest to the authneticity of the gui, but it isn't the right font and position has 1 s and always has 1 l. is that supposed to be a screenshot of spotlight? cause that's nowhere near what it looked like when steve jobs or phil schiller demo'ed it...and why does the preference pane thing say ".mac?" a bad photoshop job if one, a messed up gui if not...

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
mkaake said:
wow. i never thought i'd say this (because i get tired of the threads where everyone says that blah blah blah is fake because of the CMYK channels, blah blah blah), but this is a really horrible fake. i mean, it's bad. there's too many things to list it's so bad. nothing is the same size. the pref. pane itself was cut so sloppily that you can see part of the desktop that used to be behind it. the title bar is a completely different size than the pref pane bar. the -/+ slider is larger than any of the text.
the text of the items in the sidebar is distorted, because it's been stretched up and down. the sidebar has no shadow. the dock icons above the sidebar don't have aa edges. the 'search hard drive' and 'google' search fields arent' in line with the slider above it. apple doesn't put 'google' above the search bar in safari, it puts it in gray in the search box itself, along with a little magnifying glass (if memory serves - writing this up at work on a 2000 box). the sidebar doesn't even go all the way to the edge of the screen.

anything else?

<edit>

oh yeah, all the spelling and punctuation errors in the pref pane itself - i think "Hide when Finders inactive" wa my favorite, with allways as a close second...

^^he's good^^

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
It's Apple's new "CrapBar Extreme" navigation system.

Did "thousandsfall" really believe that thousands would fall for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.