Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickMcCandless

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
I've been looking at several tear downs and reviews and have not seen anything on the model GPU in the A10 Fusion chip. They usually have the PowerVR technology but on their website they don't show any chips that match the specs of the GPU in the A10. Anyone seen anything on the model GPU?

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Very likely that it is an Imagination Technologies PowerVR GPU, but Apple does have a history of using unannounced or customized PowerVR parts so it's hard to say what it is for sure. They did mention in the Keynote that it was a 6 core part, so my best guess is a GT7600 Plus (which is an evolution of the GPU used in the A9), but it could also be an unannounced Series 8 part or something completely custom. Hopefully someone like Anandtech will do a deep dive and shed some light on this!

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Still haven't seen anything, any of you?
I haven't seen anything yet.
[doublepost=1474662719][/doublepost]
Really weird that no one has found out the exact chip used for the GPU yet
Apple releases very few details on the specifications of their chips. Details about the GPUs in previous A series chips are mostly educated guesses from a combination of die shots (which doesn't reveal much more than how more cores are present and Apple has already revealed that there are 6 GPU cores in the A10 Fusion), and performance in certain benchmarking tools. Still waiting on Anandtech's review as they are the only one I know of that goes into that kind of detail.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Nope.

And anandtech is really slow. Last year the didn't have their 6s review out till november.
But it's always worth the wait.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Very likely that it is an Imagination Technologies PowerVR GPU, but Apple does have a history of using unannounced or customized PowerVR parts so it's hard to say what it is for sure. They did mention in the Keynote that it was a 6 core part, so my best guess is a GT7600 Plus (which is an evolution of the GPU used in the A9), but it could also be an unannounced Series 8 part or something completely custom. Hopefully someone like Anandtech will do a deep dive and shed some light on this!

If thats accurate the 9.7 iPad Pro 12 Core GPU Destroys the A10 Fusion's only 6 Core GPU. Understanable due to the need to be So compact. But theres No way an iPhone is surpassing an iPad Pro in Gaming anytime soon/

ahmedhesham3

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.