Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Ok, first of all I really don't know what to call it but I'll try to explain it..
(I don't even know how to search it since I don't know what its called)

Currently I have a Toyota Rav4 that has a standard Bluetooth on it, it can call and receive calls, voice dialing etc, unfortunately doesn't come with the A2DP profile.

Now it has an audio jack, what I'm looking for is there any accessories out there that would enable to connect to the audio jack as an A2DP bluetooth receiver? So I could play my iPod on my iPhone and it will play on the car's stereo without any wires/cables needed, just the A2DP bluetooth technology. I really don't want to bother with FM transmitters anymore cause my car is quite poor on that. Do you know if such an accessory exists?

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2002
i am looking for the same thing, though i might just opt for something like a new headunit with bluetooth audio...

r.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I was waiting someone would say that. I can't realy spend that much on a new headunit right now. So far the problem I've heard is skips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.