Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
That toolbar takes up a lot of space. Is there a way to remove the text to the icons or make the icons smaller?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
When I go to that site (using Safari), I get the message:

*** Currently the A9 Toolbar runs only on Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above. We are working to extend the toolbar to other browsers. ***

When visiting using Firefox, I get a completely different page. They should change the message on the first page to mention Firefox too. Otherwise, if it weren't for this post on MacBytes, I would have no idea that it's compatible with Firefox.

Edit: They've fixed it now.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Nermal said:
When I go to that site (using Safari), I get the message:

*** Currently the A9 Toolbar runs only on Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above. We are working to extend the toolbar to other browsers. ***

When visiting using Firefox, I get a completely different page. They should change the message on the first page to mention Firefox too. Otherwise, if it weren't for this post on MacBytes, I would have no idea that it's compatible with Firefox.

With Camino, it says " *** Currently the A9 Toolbar runs only on Firefox 1.0 and above, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above. We are working to extend the toolbar to other browsers. *** "

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
hmm to me it says "A9 toolbar released for Mozilla Firefox" not camino :p

well I tried it out, it definately is a bit bulky, but not my cup of tea since the search box on firefox does the job well

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
SilvorX said:
hmm to me it says "A9 toolbar released for Mozilla Firefox" not camino :p

well I tried it out, it definately is a bit bulky, but not my cup of tea since the search box on firefox does the job well

Who (other than you) said that it said anything about being available for Camino?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.