Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tikkari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Hallo all,

I have used Abbyy FineReader (MAS version) with Mavericks and Yosemite and it was really great. Last December I upgraded to El Capitan (clean install), and since then, my scan results have not been that good. The OCR process itself (text recognition) is still excellent, but paper sizes, margins, etc. do vary randomly, even in same document.

I always do OCR from prepared images, so images in same document have always exactly same resolution and are run via same preparing process. No matter what I do, different pages appear in different sizes. Some are fine, some are fitted in large margins, some do not even fit the page. I try to force page size in Abbyy, but it has no effect. Image editor settings have not helped either - they have effect, but not in a good way.

I have already cleared local Abbyy FR local settings in app settings and lib folders, but no luck either.

Now I have to use Acrobat 9 Pro which gets the final page layout perfectly, but the OCR is not that good.

FineReader used to be excellent product (I think), but seems it needs update. Am I alone with these issues? If not, how have you solved the issues?

Thank you any hints and suggestions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.