Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2000
Greetings Mods and Gods,

I was writing as to the creation of Public Groups. As you are all well aware, vBulletin is capable of Groups, and it is, in fact, noted in each of our public profiles. However, I have not been able to discover the ability to create a public group, which leads me to believe that they are not being used on this forum for a variety of reasons (of which I do not know any). However, I feel that in certain circumstances, the creation of groups would enhance our community rather than just become an nuisance. Consequently, MR sould begin using vBulletin's Public Group feature.

I am not suggesting general membership should have the ability to create these Groups, but rather that they are created on behalf of members, by Mods, after the subjet/topic has been approved. Therefore, I would like to petition for the creation of the first Public Group by a Mod/God. I have started a thread and (as you can see) it is a rather large group of people, and it would be nice to have a group, instead of a thread whose lifespan is indefinite.

Thank you very much,

Michael R. Johnson

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
szark said:
I think your best chance for a reply might be to PM arn or one of the moderators.

szark is correct - only arn can change a site setting such as this. PM him your request and see what he says.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.