Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I spent a few minutes searching the forum and FAQs but couldn't find any info. I apologize if the answer is out there.

Is there a way to have poster information (left hand pulldown under member's name in their post) expanded by default?
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 6.07.54 AM.png

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
There's no option for it in preferences. It could be something written in the theme's code. You can see here, I've switched to the Xenforo style theme and there isn't any dropdown arrow.

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 16.45.25.png

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
There's no option for it in preferences. It could be something written in the theme's code. You can see here, I've switched to the Xenforo style theme and there isn't any dropdown arrow.

View attachment 2218641
edit: I think I understand what you were saying... there's currently no forum option to activate that but the Xenforo theme removed the pulldown so maybe a new theme could be created (by the support folks) that has that info visible.

Thanks for the response. But selecting Xenforo simply removes the pulldown but doesn't display the poster information (join date, messages, reaction score, location). I'd like to see everyone's info in the left column without having to click individually on pulldowns to see that.

Last edited:
Reactions: sman789

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
didn't these stats show by default since... forever? just noticed recently that they're hidden by default, and i'd like to see them by default....

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
In a pinch, you can put this into your user stylesheet:

Code:
.thThreads__message-userExtras {
  height: auto !important;
}

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.