Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jake93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
I work on music everyday in Ableton, previous macOS's never gave me any problems, all very stable.

Now that I switched over to my shiny new 15 inch 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Ableton is constantly crashing. I'm on the latest version of everything, Ableton 9.7.1; and the 10.12.2 Sierra update didn't seem to help either.

I use legit software plugins and have the latest Sierra compatible versions (according to their websites anyway). I notice that in particular, iZotope plugins and T-RackS tend to crash my Ableton more. I get these crashes up to 20 times a day if I use those plugins, extremely frustrating.

I'm wondering if anyone else is using Ableton in Sierra, or on the new MacBook Pro, who are experiencing the same problems. I should probably add that so far everything else seems to be fine, the MBP itself doesn't seem to have any problems, I'm just getting crashes with Ableton.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.