Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhonex132

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2018
New York
Hello,
Every night I have to leave my phone turned on and plugged in to charging. When I wake up, it shows that it is 100% charged but it always uses some energy then charges it back fully. I think that harms the battery’s life. My phone is iPhone SE. I would like some function like this - when the phone has 80% of battery charged, I would like it to stop charging then I would like it to continue charging when it’s at 40% and so on all the night. Is it possible in any way, like with some special app or charger or any other way?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hello,
Every night I have to leave my phone turned on and plugged in to charging. When I wake up, it shows that it is 100% charged but it always uses some energy then charges it back fully. I think that harms the battery’s life. My phone is iPhone SE. I would like some function like this - when the phone has 80% of battery charged, I would like it to stop charging then I would like it to continue charging when it’s at 40% and so on all the night. Is it possible in any way, like with some special app or charger or any other way?
Your phone charges as per Apple’s software. It’s working as designed. This is to maximize your battery, not harm it. Nothing needs to be done here.

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.